Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eduardo Eduardo is offline

Default Locking updated cells

Hi,
you can protect you worksheet but the password can be easily broken with
products that are in the market, other option is to keep a copy as a backup

"Greg" wrote:

Good Day,

I have a spreadsheet that goes out to other (monthly) spreadsheets and
updates values. Once these Monthly spreadsheets are generated, the numbers
are considered final.

Is there a way to make Excel only grab a value from the Monthly spreadsheet
one time (basically if a value is in the cell, don't update it)? I have
concerns that someone will delete/alter one of the Monthly Spreadsheets and
it will ruin the spreadsheet I have created.

Thank you in advance,

Greg