Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default concatenate dynamic ranges

RDW,

No need to join the ranges. Instead of VLOOKUP, try using

=INDEX(RANGE2,MATCH(Value, RANGE1,FALSE))

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"RD Wirr" wrote in message
I have some dynamic named ranges, the contents of which, I need to
concatenate to create a new range. Then I need to do a vlookup on the
resulting range. I also need to use the new range in a validation dropdown
list. The original ranges are defined using something like
=OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A),2). I can join two ranges together in the
'Define Name' box referring to =Range1,Range2 and excel seems to recognize
the two non-contiguous ranges but the range doesn't work in a formula or
list. The two original ranges are the same width but dynamic length.

Thanks in advance,
RDW