Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Timo Timo is offline

Default subtotals

Yes, but I don't really get them. Your advice helped a lot.

Timo

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Well, thanks for feeding back. I see you've had other responses since
I posted.

Pete

On Aug 25, 3:01 pm, Timo wrote:
Hi Pete,

thanks, nice one, even though it takes a few steps...no other possibility?

Cheers,

Timo

"Pete_UK" wrote:
Highlight the ID column and then press F5 (GoTo), click on Special,
then on Blanks. Then begin to enter a formula by typing =, then click
on the cell immediately above the first blank (it will be the last one
that has 1234 as an ID in your example), and then do CTRL-Enter. All
the blank cells will be filled with a formula which will copy the ID
from the line above.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 25, 2:30 pm, Timo wrote:
Dear all,

I want to use subtotals for Name, to sum the amounts. I would get a total
line for Name1 with value 300... However I would also like to see the ID in
the total line. How do I do that? Thanks in advance.

ID Name amount
1234 Name1 100
1234 Name1 200
2000 Name2 125