Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Can I protect all excel tabs in a file with one password entry?

Using the built-in "protect sheet" function requires that user goes to each
sheet individually and protects.

I think OP is looking for a simple way of doing all sheets at once.

Something like this.................

Sub ProtectAllSheets()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim N As Single
For N = 1 To Sheets.Count
Sheets(N).Protect Password:="justme"
Next N
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Sub UnprotectAllSheets()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim N As Single
For N = 1 To Sheets.Count
Sheets(N).Unprotect Password:="justme"
Next N
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 07:45:03 -0700, David Corner <David
wrote:

Why not just use the build in "protect sheet" function? what benefit are you
looking for? cheers

"Indiana born" wrote:

I have spreadsheets with multiple tabs - I presently have to password protect
each tab separately. I'm looking for a way to protect all tabs with one
password entry. i am not share the files, but others do view them and I
don't want changes made.