Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eduardo Eduardo is offline

Default subtotals

Ok, let's say your information starts in row 3, A3 has ID number, B3 user
name and C3 amounts, then in row 4 you have all the information

in cell c1 enter the formula given before, then highlight the titles in row
3, and enter filters, then press in the arrow from the user header and select
the one you want to see the information, now you can see the ID and amounts
for the user choosen, the formula will show the total amount for that user,
if then you choose another user, the subtotal will automatically change

"Timo" wrote:

What does your formula do? when I get the subtotals, I am missing the ID in
the total line. So I would need to get this information. Do the subtotals in
"data" once with my example, than you know what I mean. You will not see any
data from column A. Pete_UK could help, however it takes some time to do it.

Timo

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi Timo,
I assume your amounts are in column C from C1 to C100, if you don't have any
filter the formula will show the sum of that cells C1 to C100, when you
filter the information the formula will calculate the sum of the visible
cells only
if you don't understand what I meant please let me know and I will try again
with an exam-ple

"Timo" wrote:

Hi Eduardo,

sorry, but I don't get this one, in which cell, in relation to the example
to you enter your formula. I get the total 625, but this does not really help.

Thanks.

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,
at the bottom or top of your sheets enter this formula

=subtotal(9,C1:c100)

then filter your information by name

"Timo" wrote:

Dear all,

I want to use subtotals for Name, to sum the amounts. I would get a total
line for Name1 with value 300... However I would also like to see the ID in
the total line. How do I do that? Thanks in advance.

ID Name amount
1234 Name1 100
1234 Name1 200
2000 Name2 125