Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default Locking cells in a shared workbook

After you protect the cells using Data Protection Protect Sheet, you can
use Data Protection Protect and Share Workbook. Need to do that first
part first, though...

"Shacks" wrote:

I have a shared workbook where multiple users will be entering data about
clients. Some columns are calculated based on entered data. I locked the
columns that are calculated so they can not be changed, but when I protect
and share the workbook the locked cells no longer have the 'locked' effect.
Format|Cells|Protection the Locked check box is checked.
Can anyone help me with locking cells in a shared workbook?

Thank you!