Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Jim is offline

Default Excel Table Relationships

I would like to build an Excel 'Database'. I know Access is the better
programme to use, however I have zero experience in it and have been
frustrated with what I've tried to learn, and I have a looming deadline.

I understand how to create a table, but i'm having trouble making data
validation in one table referencing another.

For example I have created and named a 'Client_Table' with ID#, Name,
Adrress, etc, etc and I have created a second table named 'Loan_Table'. As I
enter the date of a new loan into the Loan_Table, I have a column named
'client ID'. In that column I would like to have a dropdown list showing the
available ID numbers in the client table (which will be dynamic and continue
to grow). As I select an ID number, I would like the client name from that
table to show in the loan table.

Suggestions?