Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default what are the rules for a valid sheet name in excel

Chip, where do you find that in the help files?

Using Excel 2007, I started to rename the sheet tab and if I typed a
character that was illegal for a sheet name, that character would not
be displayed when typed. That's how I determined the illegal
characters. I just tried typing all the characters. The length
restriction is just part of my general knowledge. Whether this is
documented in a help file, who knows? Probably not.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 18:13:19 -0400, "T. Valko"
wrote:

Chip, where do you find that in the help files?

See my other reply!