Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ivor Davies Ivor Davies is offline

Default AutoFilter then dragging down.

Are the numbers you're adding in the column to the right a formula reference
to the filtered list? If so Excel is probably treating the filtered list as
a named (fixed) reference. That is instead of referencing an individual cell
in the filtered list it is referencing the entire list. To fix this I
usually just specify the cell reference in the formula. Hope this helps.

"GEM" wrote:

I am trying to filter information I have on a worksheet and then adding
numbers to a column right next to the info and dragging it down to have 1, 2,
3, etc. It turns all the numbers I dragged down to 1. Why??