Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lmirrim lmirrim is offline

Default Merging two worksheets that have a common field

I have two worksheets: One with a students first and last name
and one with the parents first and last name. I want to link the
two worksheets together by matching the last names.

For example:

Student worksheet:
Last name, firstname, grade, teacher

Parent worksheet:
last name, first name, contact phone, email address

I want to create a master list that contains all of the above
fields on one worksheet. One record per student.

I know a way to do this in a program like SAS, but there must be some way
to do it simply in
Excel. Any ideas?

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Have a look at the VLOOKUP function in Help
Then come back with more details of how the data is set out in you two files
your two files
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"lmirrim" wrote in message

How do I go about merging two Excel 2007 worksheets (in the same workbook)
into one master list? I want to connect them using a common field, say,
LAST
NAME. How can I do this to create one master worksheet? Thanks.