Earl Kiosterud

Bob,

Ensure that this is in fact an xy chart: With the chart selected, Chart -
Chart Type. If so, look at Chart - Source Data, Series tab: Ensure there
that the x and y cell references are what you want. Still failing? Remove
formatting from your x and y cells (Format - Cells - Number - General).
What do you see there?

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Bob" wrote in message
I am trying to make a simple scatter plot. There are two
columns of data. Excel will not plot values on the x-
axis, only categories. I have entered the ranges for x
and y values correctly, and the chart wizard shows it;
yet, the chart comes out with the x-axis showing only the
points numbered in the order they are entered in the
spreadsheet. Oddly enough, if only one y-value is
included, it plots properly; the x-axis correctly shows
the range of x-values entered, and the single data point
shows up at its proper xy location. as soon as I expand
the y-range to more points, the x-axis reverts to
categories, and can't be fixed. I think this is a bug.
How so I fix it? Thanks.