Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lise Lise is offline

Default Formula issue

Hi everyone

I have two worksheets on the one workbook.

On sheet one I have various columns a = names w = completed percentages

On sheet two I again have various columns a= names but not specifically the
same names as on sheet two

I want to check if the names on both column A's match and if they do I want
to copy the corresponding percentage from Sheet one into a new column in
sheet two. ie if sheet one column a is jon brown and his % in column w is
100% and jon brown is in column a on the other sheet I want enter the 100%
into a new column on sheet two

Phew hope I havent lost you yet!

I read through some other posts and have managed to get the following: (23
being w column from sheet one)
=VLOOKUP(A2,'Outcome text'!$A$2:$A$2000,23,0)

But its not working - what am i doing wrong please??

Thanks as always