Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default auto fill multiple values in multiple cells

Matt, try the below

1. Select the data range in ColA (say A1:A100).
2. Press F5. From 'Goto window'Special from Options select 'Blanks' and
hit OK
3. This will select all blanks.
4. Now press = (equal sign)
5. Then press Up Arrow to reference the cell just above
6. Now press Ctrl and Enter key together

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Matt M" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with about 18000 lines of data containing multiple
values and blanks beneath each value. Is there a way to auto copy and paste
the value directly beneath each value until you reach the next value?
ie.
Line 1 has a value of 1050
Line 2 to 5 in blank. I want these to have the value of 1050
Line 6 has a vlue of 10654
Line 7 to 18 are blank. I need these to have the value of 10654

Thanks in advance