Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
J4shaw J4shaw is offline

Default Countfig?

Ok I know that I need to use Countfig or something like it. But can you use
Countfig to look at data in 2 different columns.

My early question was:

I have a spreadsheet which is used for a hotel guest info log.
There is a column in each day for which country the guest is from, how they
heard about us, etc.
What I want to do is at the bottom of the s/sheet, have a key for the
country codes, and then have a tally next to it:

Country
Country Key Totals
Ger GERMANY
Fr FRANCE
Eng England
Ire IRISH
J JAPAN

I know you can use the sort function and do it manually that way, but I
wondered if there was a function that would auto find for instance 'GER' in a
specific column, and count the amount of times it occures, then put that
figure of times it occurs into a seperate designated cell?

So I was kindly informed that I needed to use Countfig. What I want to do
now is look up in colun C the country, then compare it to a yes / no column
and have a box for that.

I'm not sure that makes sense. I want to look for how many German people
stayed, and I want to know how many of then were members, and how many of
them were non members.

I'm hoping this makes sense because I really really need to know how to make
tis work!

Cheers