Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
S1L1Y1 S1L1Y1 is offline

Default Add Same in amount in whole Column

I do not use Essbase
"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I'm pretty sure it wasn't ASAP.

But I don't recall what it was. Do you use Essbase?

S1L1Y1 wrote:

I forgot to ask if you think because I had ASAP causes the problem if I
removed it how do I fix the problem?
Sol
"S1L1Y1" wrote in message
I had ASAP program but I removed it.
Sol
"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I didn't notice that.

If it's true (I'd check again!), then I think I've read posts about an
addin
causing this problem.

I'd start excel in safe mode and test it again.

Close excel
windows start button|run
excel /safe
open the file and test again.

This may not be the problem, but if the original poster is using
Essbase...

Jim Thomlinson posted this...

Essbase - Options - Global - Uncheck "Enable Secondary Button"

This is a wonderful feature that allows you to pivot your essbase data
by
dragging and dropping the members between rows and columns. The
problem
is
that it takes over your ability to right click.

Gord Dibben wrote:

That was my question to OP.

From where are you copying?

Same workbook and sheet?

The behaviour you describe is indicative of having two
workbooks
open in
2 separate instances of Excel and you are copying from one to
the
other.

Answer..........

I am working with the same workbook and sheet.
Sol

Gord

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 19:12:45 -0500, Dave Peterson
wrote:

(maybe separate instances of excel?)

Gord Dibben wrote:

I can't explain it.

I can't even explain why copying 1.05 from a cell then paste
special
brings
up the incorrect dialog...........text, unicode text.........not
the
regular
paste special dialog.

Gord

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 17:37:06 -0400, "S1L1Y1"
wrote:

Maybe somebody can explain this one. I went and first pasted the
1.05 in an
other cell and went to column N and did the special paste and it
worked.
Sol
"S1L1Y1" wrote in message
. ..
I am working with the same workbook and sheet.
Sol
From where are you copying?

Same workbook and sheet?

The behaviour you describe is indicative of having two
workbooks
open in
2
separate instances of Excel and you are copying from one to
the
other.

Gord

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 14:35:43 -0400, "S1L1Y1"

wrote:

Thanks, It says source and gives a choose paste as Unicode
Text,
or text.
m...
What options do you see under Paste Special?

Multiply will be top right option under "Operation"

First copy the cell with 1.05

Then select the range in column N and EditPaste
SpecialMultiplyOK

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:47:25 -0400, "S1L1Y1"

wrote:

Thank You. When I go to Paste special I do not find an
option
Multiply.
Also
am trying to change all rows in column N. How do I do it?
Sol
"Bernard Liengme" wrote in message
.. .
If you want another column with the new values:
Suppose first old value is in A1, then in B1 enter
=A1*1.05
Drag this down the column

If you want to alter the original data
In an unused cell type 1.05 ( or =1+ 5% and do not worry
if
this
displays
as 105.00%)
Copy this cell
Select the column of data
Use Edit | Paste Special with Multiply specified
Now you can delete the 1.05

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"S1L1Y1" wrote in message
I have Office XP. In Excel I want to increase the price
in
the whole
column
by lets say 5% how do I do it?