Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin Smith[_2_] Kevin Smith[_2_] is offline

Default Menu Bar acting strange

Thank you for your assistance. Here is the answer for future reference...

Here's How:
1. Open the Control Panel. (Classic View)
2. Click on the Tablet PC Settings icon.
3. Under Handedness, dot the setting you want. (You probably want the LEFT
HANDED setting, trust me)
4. Click OK.

--
Kevin Smith :o)

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I don't have a guess.

Maybe asking in a newsgroup dedicated to windows (include your version) would
help.

Kevin Smith wrote:

You are correct. However mine never shows on the normal side anymore. it
always defaults to the opposite side
--
Kevin Smith :o)

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I always thought that this was just the way windows worked. If it thought you
didn't have enough room on the "normal" side, then you got the opposite side.

I don't know a way of changing this behavior.

Kevin Smith wrote:

I am using office 2003 and in Excel, the menu bar options and the right
click options have started expanding to the left rather than to the right. Is
this a default setting that i have changed by mistake or does Excel need to
be re-installed? I have tried the detect and repair and this made no
differenc. It is nothing major but it is really annoying.

Thank you for any assitance.
--
Kevin Smith :o)

--