Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
forest8 forest8 is offline

Default Help with solving this if statement which uses a search for te

These responses were extremely helpful. And they both are viable in my
spreadhseet.

In answer to the posts re multiple cell references, my original equation
references four different cells.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try the below
=IF(COUNT(SEARCH("GO",YS!E13),SEARCH("D",YS!E13),S EARCH("F",YS!E13)),"Yes","Apple")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"forest8" wrote:

Hi

I am using Excel 2007 and trying to fix this formula.

In exvcel, there are several questions which could be used in the result of
the same cell.

This is what I need fixed:

=IF(OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("go",YS!E13)),(ISNUMBER(SEA RCH("D",YS!E14)),(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("F",YS!E14)))))) ,"Yes","Apple")

What I'm trying to do is put multiple conditions on this cell.YS!E13
contains the word "GO", or YS contains either a "D" or "F", then the cell
should return "YES", if not, it should return "Apple".

I can't get this formula to work with this complex equation.

Thank you