Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
susaneboa susaneboa is offline

Default Making a list of discrete numbers (names?) and occurences of e

Hi,
Would this work if I wanted to convert a list of sales orders from the
customer id listed in column A with other details to the right in columns B-Z
including the order date

a 3-5 column report consisting of:
column A - customer id column B - 1st order date column C - 2nd order
date and so on

that way I could see the customer with all of the order dates across the sheet

Thanks for any help!! I'm wracking my brains trying to figure it out.,

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

Provided each of your columns has a header title in row 1, it sounds an
ideal candidate for a Pivot Table report.
Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site and scroll down to Pivot Tables
for assistance on how to set one up.
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

or Mike Alexander's site
http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/f...es/pivot1.html
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"partsman_ba" wrote in message
Ideally, I would like it to automatically update - if I put in a new
filter
number, it would be added to the sorted list with an occurence of 1,
or if I
add an already used filter to a new vehicle, it will add another
occurence to
the list. Am I asking too much?

"partsman_ba" wrote:

Here's what I have:

A spreadsheet sent to me with a list of filter part numbers, with
each
vehicle having it's own row and each type of filter (air, oil, etc)
having
it's own column. I would like to create from this data a sorted list
of each
different filter part number, along with a count of how many times
that part
number is on the sheet. Part numbers contain both numeric and alpha
characters in some cases. It seems like something not so hard to do,
but I've
been bashing my head for some time!