Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
smartin smartin is offline

Default determining running counts

Good Stuff, Chris!

Please don't take this as a criticism, just an observation...

The only thing that seems to be lacking--and something the OP doesn't
address--is what should happen when an employee has a long winning
streak. E.g., if an employee has straight "A"s for 99 days, they earn
the 28 day bonus, but nothing thereafter.

It might make sense if a 28 day bonus should also reset the counters,
but the OP should provide direction on this.

ProfessionalExcel.com wrote:
Hi,

Instead of explaining my proposed solution, I put together a mock-up that
you can download at the following link:

http://www.professionalexcel.com/for...nctions_01.zip

You can have a look at the forumulas I have used to calculate running daily
counts of consecutive days, taking into account days on leave. The main
lesson is to structure your data in a more managebale way, i.e. my solution
transposes the data and each employee has a column, with each row
representing a day.

I've calculated the count of consectuive days in one column, then added a
further column to make the decision on whether an employee should be paid a
bonus on that given day.

Hope this helps!