Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.charting
HB[_2_] HB[_2_] is offline

Default Excel 2007 chart line width + axis labelling with VBA

Folks,

I'm creating a line-style chart with VBA in Excel 2007 and an
attempting to control just two things:

1) The line weight (2 points) and
2) The text direction of the X-axis labels (they're inclined, I want
them vertical).

Now I can indeed achieve both these settings through the UI (Format
Data Series/Line Style/Width and Format Axis/Alignment/Text direction/
Rotate through 270 degrees respectively) and naturally I thought that
the macro recorder would help but alas, all I got was

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 19").Activate
ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory).Select

I've gone through the online help and tried this and that but without
success.

Any ideas? TIA.