Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default IF Function (Possibly) to Apply a Value Depending on Value

Set up a 2-column table somewhere like this:

0 0
51 0.05
201 0.1
501 0.2

and so on for your other values. Suppose this occupies cells X1 to Y8.

Then you can use this formula:

=VLOOKUP(D1,X$1:Y$8,2)

to return the appropriate factor depending on the value in D1. Copy
down as required.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 22, 1:04*am, Toria wrote:
In column D, I have units. I have to apply values to the number of units. If
the number is between 0-50 units, I apply 0, if between 51-200, I would need
to apply .05, if between 201-500, i would need to apply .10 and so on. *The
numbers go above 10,000. Is this possible? I'm terrible at nested IFs. *I
tried and kept getting errors and didn't see any similar questions.

Thank you!