Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
phumpher phumpher is offline

Default determining running counts

Chris,

Thats quite slick.

Im trying to figure out the functions that will work and you done it the
easy way by adding extra separate columns to keep track of the counts.

Thanks for the help.

It also seems that youve come up with a better way to determine the recent
running count, by using the count from the last day worked.

And by determining the Max() of the count I should be able to keep track of
Max number of A s.

If I add another employee to the data and then sort the employees
alphabetically by name, it appears that I just need to have an equal number
of extra separate columns, with the correct formulas copied across and down.

Thanks again.

"ProfessionalExcel.com" wrote:

Hi,

Instead of explaining my proposed solution, I put together a mock-up that
you can download at the following link:

http://www.professionalexcel.com/for...nctions_01.zip

You can have a look at the forumulas I have used to calculate running daily
counts of consecutive days, taking into account days on leave. The main
lesson is to structure your data in a more managebale way, i.e. my solution
transposes the data and each employee has a column, with each row
representing a day.

I've calculated the count of consectuive days in one column, then added a
further column to make the decision on whether an employee should be paid a
bonus on that given day.

Hope this helps!

Please rate this post if it answers your question.

Thanks,

Chris
http://www.ProfessionalExcel.com