Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
L. Howard Kittle L. Howard Kittle is offline

Default Finding duplicates in column

Hi Rock,

Another way is to use Conditional Formatting under Format. Select the 6000
cells in the column and then Format Conditional Formatting click the
down arrow for Formula Is enter =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$10,A1)1 click Format
Patterns select a color OK your way out.

Any duplicates will be highlighted in that color.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"rock" wrote in message

I have Excel 2002 and have 6000 emails addresses in a column.

How can I find if there are any duplicates in that column?

Thanks

rock