Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default what is the geen triangle in a cells with number?

And if you want to convert those text numbers to real numbers, let excel's
warning help.

Select the range to fix (make sure the activecell has that warning), click on
the warning icon and choose convert to number.

Dave Peterson wrote:

It's not the version of windows that matters--it's the version of excel.

And newer versions of excel (xl2002 and later, I think) have an indicator for
possible errors.

You can look under:
Tools|Options|error checking tab
to see the things that excel will check for you--and you can turn off the ones
you don't want.

bigcitydave wrote:

A green triangle appears in each cell in a row of numbers and I can't use
autosum. It's like it doesn't recognize it as a number. This spreadsheet was
generated in Windows98, and transfered to Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
but the same green triangle also appeared in Windows98. Can't find anything
in formating a cell.

--

Dave Peterson

--