Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default How do I resize bars in chart

Hi,

You need to change the axis from Time series to Category.
xl2003: Right click chart and pick Chart Options. On Axes tab set axis to
Category

xl2007: Right click axis and Axis Options page set the axis to Text

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Mike Row Soft" wrote in message
I have a chart with column bars every six months. They are way too skinny.
How do I fatten them up? I set gap width to zero, but they are still too
skinny. I set scale major unit and minor unit to six months.

ExcelBanter Database Error
Database Error Database error
The ExcelBanter database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.excelbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.excelbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.