Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Davius Davius is offline

Default Hyperlink File Path Changes. Hair loss imminent.

I have an excel workbook (Office 2000) which contains a column of
hyperlinks on several sheets. To word documents that were organised in
a file tree like the following example:

c:\DOCUMENTS\SHARED\IMAGES\2003\MARCH\item_serial_ mar_03_001

There are many files linked to this path or similar, the only
differance being the 'Year or Month' folder. As per the date that the
image was taken on. There are around 300 files all varying in months/
years, all hyperlinked succesefully.

The spreadsheet displays the hyperlinks as 'item/serial/mar/03/001' in
each cell.

The file path has changed slightly to:

d:\DOCUMENTS\SHARED\IMAGES\

Now the Spreadsheet and ALL of the files regardless of year/month are
stored in this folder, so we've effectivly removed steps 4 and 5 of
the file tree. (The year and month) This has, as expected broken all
of the hyperlinks. Upon moving the files they now default link to d:\
but still retain their now non-exsistant year and month sub folder
steps.

I was hoping there would be someone able to shed light on what is
required in order to 'fix' all of the hyperlinks on a sheet by way of
VBA code. Be it one that removes steps of a file path or just
replacing the current ones with d:\DOCUMENTS\SHARED\IMAGES\ but
retaining the filename as they haven't changed. A further point to
note with this is that the text displayed in the cells is in the
forwardslash format whereas the files are named with underscores.

I've tried David McRitchies site with no luck and trawled here and
found similar threads but none that have worked.

I eagerly await some guidance. Cheers.