hally

could you please go through most stages on how i get the macro to run as i
dont know much about macros.

"bj" wrote:

a brute force macro to do so would be like

assume C3 is the cell you want to enter into the table D1:M10
Sub fltab()
If Cells(3, 3) = "" Then GoTo 100
cnt = Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Range("D1:M10 "))
If cnt = 0 Then rw = 1: cl = 0: GoTo 10
cl = Application.WorksheetFunction.Floor(cnt - 1, 10)
rw = cnt - cl * 10 + 1
10 Cells(rw, 4 + cl) = Cells(3, 3)
If cnt = 100 Then Cells(3, 3) = "FULL" Else Cells(3, 3) = ""
100
End Sub

ways of running the sub would be to have a button next to the cell with the
macro assigned.
or the macro could be modified and run from the sheet module as a change
event that would run whenever somthing was put into the cell.

{I like brute force macros to try things out, but perfer to make the more
formal macros with dim statements and as on action events once they actually
work the way I want them. Brute force macros are easier to understand and
for simple ones to debug, but are more likely to have certain types of
problems.}

"hally" wrote:

the 10 x 10 starts blank. everytime i enter a value in a cell i want it to go
to the first cell in the table. then i want the value i enter next from the
same cell to go into the next cell on the table.
10 x 10 is a practice but i want the table to grow until i enter all my values

"bj" wrote:

does the 10 by 10 start out blank?
I can not tell whether the value goes to every cell at the same time or if
it goes into a different cell each time a new value is entered.
What do you want done after the 10 by 10 block is filled?

"hally" wrote:

needs to go into a 10 x 10 table in which each piece of data is put into each
of the tables cells

"bj" wrote:

do you have criteria as to where it goes into the table?

"hally" wrote:

i am trying to create if possible a cell so that when i enter data into that
cell and i press return it enters the data into a table, then deletes the
cell where i originaly entered the data so i can enter some new data.