TomHinkle

First off, keep an open mind..

Problem seems to be you want to use A, unless cell B has a value. Add
column C. In column C put a formula using col B if it exists, col A if not.

I KNOW you probably really want to do it in 2 columns.. There's probably a
way, BUT in thinking of maintaining it, if you can do without code, it's
better.

Also, try to avoid worksheets that are used for data entry AND reporting.
Make the data entry sheet simple, and utilitarian. Then make another sheet
that reports the data with all the fancy formatting.

"RB Camp" wrote:

I hope that I can explain this correctly. I have a cell A and cell B.
If cell B is empty I want cell A to be able to have someone type a date
into it. If cell B already has a date, I want cell A to show an X in it
so they know that cell A is not available to be used. I need to do this
without having the formula located in cell A as it gets over written when
someone types in the date. Is there anyway to accomplish this?