Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default Dmax formula

Hi,

in Excel 2007, Data tables are located under Data Data Tools What if
analysis Data Table

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Angie G." wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with data from a1..j266 listing all of our injuries
by
Rig no. and dates, etc. I want to pull the latest injury date per rig.

I have a define name of "database" (which covers a1..j266)
Defiine name of "criteria" (which covers L1..M2)
Column 6 is "Date of Accident"

On L1 - typed Rig No.
On M1 - typed Last recordable date
On M4 - typed =dmax(database,6,criteria)

L5-L45 - typed rig nos.
*****
When I was using Excel 97, I would then go to Data, Table, in the Column
Input Cell box, select L2, OK and formula would work.

We have updated to Excel 2007, I get all the way to the ******; then can't
find the same options of Data, Table, Column Input Cell Box for the
formula
to work.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do?

Thanks,

Angie