Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default logical functions

Showing us your non-working formula is always a good idea, but you need to
couple that with a *full* explanation of what you expected that formula to
do. Showing actual examples (using real cell addresses as opposed to using
and 'x' as the row number) is also a good idea. The problem I am having with
trying to figure out what your formula is supposed to be doing is it looks
like you want the same cell (Bx) to be equal to "xxx", "aaa", etc. all at
the same time... that doesn't make sense to me.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Terri Farm" wrote in message
I have been trying for over an hour to get a formula to work. There are 4
specific items included in a column and 1 item in another column that if
all
of these meet the criteria, i want a "Y" returned. I am using
If(AND(Bx="xxx")*and(bx="aaa")*and(bx="bbb")*and(b x="ccc")*and(px="r"),"Y","N"))
and I am not getting the "Y" result when the data in bx has the required
yes
criteria. what am i doing wrong? I have tried many other ways and
nothing
is working