Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default conditional formatting date and blank cell

For the second use Formula Is (not Cell Value is):
=AND(A2<"",A2<TODAY())
--
David Biddulph

Audrey G. wrote:
Using Excel 2003 -- I have a column which has a date entered into it.
I need this column to highlight the date if:
1. it is between today's date and 10 days from today in one color
2. it is past today's date in another color
3. do not show color in the cells that are blank

I have highlighted the entire column, used the Conditional Formatting
with the following:
1. Cell Value is between =TODAY() and =TODAY()+10 [yellow highlight]
2. Cell Value is less than =TODAY() [orange highlight]

It is this second format that is causing blank cells (ones not yet
used) to have an orange highlight. How do I correct this so that
blank cells will have no highlight, yet keep the formatting for the
other dates?

Thanks!
Audrey G.