Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lee Ann[_2_] Lee Ann[_2_] is offline

Default Spell Check in Text Boxes

Very sorry for the delay in response - I was never notified there were
additional responses. I tried all ideas listed in your previous two posts.
The text box is under the ActiveX Controls. I checked the properties and
changed anything that gave an indication this was a protected object. I also
put some text in a cell and also added a graphic with some misspelled text.
The spell check worked everywhere except in the text box. I tried both of
the subs and each of them worked the same - still not in the text boxes. I'd
be glad to send what I've done if you're willing to take a look at it.

"Simon Lloyd" wrote:

One other thought - check the properties for the text boxes 9i.e locked
etc), also where did you get the textboxes from? from the activex tools?jamescox;443990 Wrote:
Lee Ann -

Sorry, but I can't reproduce your problem in Excel 2007 with either my
original sub or Simon Lloyd's - they both work fine.

As a check, start with a blank workbook, type some misspelled text into
a cell, then throw a few shapes (a textbox and a shape to which you add
misspelled text), add a module and put either or both subs in (don't use
the same name for both, of course) and see if they work.

If they do, there may be some 'residual protection' on the shapes in
your original workbook that's keeping the code from being able to
spell-check them.

Let us know what you find out!

--
Simon Lloyd