Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eduardo Eduardo is offline

Default What is the shortcut to turn cell red?

Hi,
try

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+r
'
With Selection.Interior
.Pattern = xlSolid
.PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic
.Color = 255
.TintAndShade = 0
.PatternTintAndShade = 0
End With
End Sub

"Vic" wrote:

Hi Eduardo,
This macro works except that it does not highlight the cell red. Instead it
makes font to be red. How can I highlight the cell?
Thanks.

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi Vic,
open VBA and paste this code

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+r
'
With Selection.Font
.Color = -16776961
.TintAndShade = 0
End With
With Selection.Interior
.Pattern = xlSolid
.PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic
.Color = 255
.TintAndShade = 0
.PatternTintAndShade = 0
End With
End Sub

then you can assign a CTRL key,
to do that go to macros the macro name will be highlighted, Options, enter
the letter you would like to be press and that's it, when you select a cell
and press

CTRL + the letter you have choosen the cell will become red

"Vic" wrote:

Hi Eduardo, you did not understand my request. I need my client to click on a
problem cell then on some F-key (or some other shortcut) and this should turn
the cell red. If there is no shortcut then I need a macro to do this.

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,
if you want to turn the cell red press the ribbon button ,
Home, Font, where there is a phone with a color underline, you can choose it
to red

"Vic" wrote:

I need a shortcut to turn one cell red. I need my client to click on a cell
then click on something else (shortcut) and the cell will turn red. How can I
do this?