Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Mike is offline

Default Using Spreadsheet created in Excel 2007 in Excel 2003

I am trying to use a spreadsheet that was created in Excel 2007. I am
currently using Excel 2003. The Spread sheet is designed with formulas and
macros where if you enter or change numbers in a few cells, it recalculates
other pieces of the spreadsheet. Instead of getting a number or percentage
or whatever is supposed to be there, I get #NAME?. This happens in several
cells. I have checked and the formulas appear as though they should work.

I know the file has not been corrupted or anything. I have transferred it
to a different computer that uses Excel 2007 and it works there.

I have tried several things including:
-lowering the security settings on the macros, saving, and closing. Doesn't
work.
-I have tried copying the entire spreadsheet to a new one. 7 tabs of info
info. Doesn't work.
-I have gone to the Microsoft website and done installed all the latest
updates. I am currently on service pack 3 for excel.

There has to be an easy way to convert this file back to Excel 2003 so that
it will work. What is the solution for this?