Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vic Vic is offline

Default What is the shortcut to turn cell red?

Hi Eduardo,
This macro works except that it does not highlight the cell red. Instead it
makes font to be red. How can I highlight the cell?
Thanks.

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi Vic,
open VBA and paste this code

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+r
'
With Selection.Font
.Color = -16776961
.TintAndShade = 0
End With
With Selection.Interior
.Pattern = xlSolid
.PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic
.Color = 255
.TintAndShade = 0
.PatternTintAndShade = 0
End With
End Sub

then you can assign a CTRL key,
to do that go to macros the macro name will be highlighted, Options, enter
the letter you would like to be press and that's it, when you select a cell
and press

CTRL + the letter you have choosen the cell will become red

"Vic" wrote:

Hi Eduardo, you did not understand my request. I need my client to click on a
problem cell then on some F-key (or some other shortcut) and this should turn
the cell red. If there is no shortcut then I need a macro to do this.

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,
if you want to turn the cell red press the ribbon button ,
Home, Font, where there is a phone with a color underline, you can choose it
to red

"Vic" wrote:

I need a shortcut to turn one cell red. I need my client to click on a cell
then click on something else (shortcut) and the cell will turn red. How can I
do this?