Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FJ FJ is offline

Default Need to number but skip blank rows

Hi, I am trying to number rows in column A using a formula. The numbering
should start with 150, not 1. The problem is that I only want the rows
numbered if the values in column B are unique. When I say €śunique€ť, any
duplicate entries would be right on top of each other as shown below. The
list is already sorted. Here is an example of what I would like the
numbering to look like:

A B
150 Apples
151 Oranges
Oranges
152 Pears
Pears
Pears
153 Lemons
154 Limes

Ive played around with formulas using IF and COUNTIF, but so far I havent
had much success. I know this is probably simple, but so far I havent been
able to figure it out.

Thanks in advance for any help.