Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Automatic Copy and Paste

Could be that a Data Validation dropdown and VLOOKUP formula(s) may be in
order.

Visit Debra Dalgleish's site for info on VLOOKUP function to pull data based
on value, in your case, Customer ID. Note the downloadable sample
workbooks.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Also see Debra's site for creating Data Validation dropdown menus for
choosing a Customer ID from a list.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:43:01 -0700, Byron720
wrote:

I have a big database with, among other things, customer ids, tracking #s,
parts shipped, etc. I also have a blank shipping template (in excel as well).
This is what I need to do on the shipping template:

1. Type Date
2. Type Customer ID
3. Excel extracts and pastes all information regarding shipping on that date
for that customer from my master database into the shipping template.

The template has fields like:
Part # - Qty - Order # - Tracking #

I think it is something like a mail merge