Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Combo Boxes

Debra Dalgleish has some very nice instructions he
http://contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html

Neil Holden wrote:

Data Validation? How would I do that? Thanks.

"Luke M" wrote:

Is there a particular reason you want a combo box instead of data validation?
(which would be simpler)

If you insist on the combo box, you will need to link the box to a cell
(under format control, let's assume linked to B2) this will generate a number
1 - 3. Then, have a list somewhere (lets say A2:A4) of your values.

Your formula to display choice of combo box then becomes:
=INDEX(A2:A4,B2)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Neil Holden" wrote:

Good afternoon Gurus, can somebody help me. I want to create a combo box
with a list;

1. test
2. test2
3. test3

And so on. If the user selects test for example i want the test to
automatically appear in the active cell. Is this possible?

Much appreciated.

Neil.

--

Dave Peterson