Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
wilchong via OfficeKB.com wilchong via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Seeking Improvement on excel function

Dear T. Valko,
Based on the source database, your suggested function =IF(COUNTIF(INDEX(B$2:C
$4,MATCH(D$1,A$2:A$4,0),0),E1),"OK","-") will show €œOK€ if it detects 12
within row 1 (the argument is €œx€) in the cell E2. Every things work very
perfect.

In order to make the analysis more intensive, I would like, based on the data
(F1 to F10), I need a function to analyse the data based on another database,
see below.

E21 = 11€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦ F21 = T
E22 = 12€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦ F22 = G
E23 = 13€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦ F23 = R
E24 = 14€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦ F24 = E
E25 = 15€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦ F25 = K
E26 = 16€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦ F26 = Q
E27 = 17€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦ F27 = L
E28 = 18€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦ F28 = C
E29 = 19€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦ F29 = Z
E30 = 20€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦€¦ F30 = I

I tried to use function MODE plus IF to construct a formula, based on the
database above, to show €œG€ if the formula detect €œOK€ along €œ12€, but failed.
Can you advice me other option to do this!

Many thanks,
Wilchong

T. Valko wrote:

Dear T.Valko,