Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lynda Lynda is offline

Default Formatting Dates

Thank you Eduardo, I will try this when I get back to work tomorrow and let
you know how I got on.

Cheers
Lynda

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi Lynda,
What do you get, try doing text to columns for that imported dates or in an
auxiliar column enter
=Trim(A1)
to trim any blank space then copy and paste values and format it see what
happens
Hope this helps

"Lynda" wrote:

I have looked through other threads but can't find an answer to my query. I
have dates that I am unable to format. We run an SQL query at work and the
dates came back as yyyy-mm-dd, so we were trying to format them as dd/mm/yyyy
but they refuse to change. We tried the normal date format, no good, then we
tried the custom format and still no good. Does anyone have any ideas as to
how we might be able to fix this?
Cheers
Lynda