Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Atri Atri is offline

Default Conditional formatting Excel 2007

Hi!

I am just a beginner of using conditional formatting and I hope that someone
can help me with a problem.

I have a big worksheet with many rows showing incidents reported by our
customers. The row includes different information about the incident
(incident-id, customer, data etc.)

Out of this I have made a pivot-table that shows volume of incidents from
the customers distributed by customer and week.

Customer Week1 Week2 Week 3 .... Week 33 Total Average (not
pivot)
CustomerA 30 60 4 .... 20 114
114/33
CustomerB 10 20 15 .... 30 75
75/33

We have a lot of customers and I am now showing the result for the 33 first
weeks of 2009. I want a conditional formatting that gives each week a colur
depending of the weekly result. My intention is to make customers with a
negative trend more visible. I have in a cell outside the pivot-table
calculated the average weekly volume of incide so far this year (total/33
weeks). The weekly volum is summarized by "Sum".

I have tried to define 2 conditional formatting rules that colur the weekly
result "red" if it is over the average and green if it is lower than average.
My problem is that the conditional formatting only works in the first
column. How can I define a conditional formatting the most easiest way? Can
I copy the conditional formatting in a way? I hope I don't need to define 2
rules for each column in the pivot-table.

Maybe I should solve my problem using something else than conditional
formatting?

I appreciate all suggestion!
----
Atri