Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jenny Jenny is offline

Default macro for excel msg pop up when certain conditions are met

Hi,
I am trying to come up with a macro that will display a pop up box
when certain criteria are met. The user will enter a date in cell D2
and a zip code in cell D3 that will then automatically display a date
in cell G3 via vlookup. So once these two cells are populated by the
user I need this macro to run and do the following: If the date in
cell G3 is after the date in cell D2, I want a pop up message box to
say that the date is in the future. I've tried formulas and
conditional formatting to warn users, but they ignore these, so I need
a pop up that they would have to click OK on to exit out of to
hopefully get the message across. Thank you for any help.