Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Summing Quarters

Eduardo - I double-checked that I copied your formula accurately, but the
answer comes back as 0.

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,
in A2 enter

=SUM(OFFSET(INDEX(1:1,1,(COLUMN()*3)-2),,,,3))

"Jeff" wrote:

Thanks, David, but I'm trying to find a way to automate this. Assuming data
for the first year is in A1..L1, I want quarterly totals in A2..D2.
"David" wrote:

Assuming data is in row 2
=sum(a2:c2), =sum(d2:f2) and =sum(g2:i2) formulas in
Column D, Column E, Column F

"Jeff" wrote:

Can anyone devise a formula to summarize monthly data by adding each three
months? That is, I need to add columns A-C, D-F, G-I, etc. I've been doing
this manually, but there must be a better way. Thanks.