Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kcope8302 Kcope8302 is offline

Default Copy entire row to different worksheet

Hello Bernie,

I keep getting #NA in the X column. Would you be able to assist. TO further
elaborate it is just supposed to compare column A and if they match copy
L,M,N,O to the PTR worksheet.

So looking at what you provided can I copy it and have it still compare
column A between PTR and Reference Data and have it copy the relevant data.

Example: There is a match between CR94875 and it paste the relevant data
from Reference Data into PTR.

PTR .......... X Y Z AA

CR94875 TBD On-Time 5/25/09 Source List
CR94483
CR02948

Reference Data L M N O
CR94875 TBD On-Time 5/25/09 Source List

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Keith,

In Cell X6, use a formula like this in X6 of PTR:

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A6,'Reference Data'!$A$1:$Z$10000,COLUMN(B1),FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP( $A6,'Reference
Data'!$A$1:$Z$10000,COLUMN(B1),FALSE))

Then copy to the right and down for as many rows and columns as you need. Change the range address
'Reference Data'!$A$1:$Z$10000 to match your data table on reference data...

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Kcope8302" wrote in message
The macro that I am looking for compares column A between 2 different
worksheets(PTR and Reference data). If the Macro finds a match it takes that
row from Reference data worksheet and copies it to the PTR worksheet starting
at column X. There is information from a macro ran before this that
populates PTR. After the initial information I want the information from the
Reference data worksheet to be placed into the PTR worksheet for reporting
purposes.

Example:
Row 6 in PTR and Row 3 in Reference data match(both contain 'CR239492').
Once the match is found the macro takes all of row 3 from Reference data and
pastes it to Row 6 of PTR starting at column X.
Please do provide me as much assistance as possible

Thanks

-Keith-