Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TGV TGV is offline

Default vlookup with different col_index_num

I think u can go for Dsum. For more details about DSUM see help.
--
If this post helps, pls click Yes
---------------

"ArcticWolf" wrote:

Hi,

I have a vlookup which returns the value from a table called data. The
column I want from the table is column 3, so =vlookup(a1,data,3,false)

However, the table will expand over the coming months with new columns
inserted before the 3rd column in the data table. This will make my lookup
incorrect as the data I want is not in column 3 (but in 4 or 5 etc...)

The column heading will always remain the same (if that is of use?), so how
can I get Excel to find the column I need as opposed to using the
col_index_num?

TIA,

AW