Peo Sjoblom

Max,

I can't see that it would return more rows, if there are spaces in what
looks like empty cells it will return less
rows but the OP said the formula returned less rows than what she has. As I
understand it she expected the formula to return a greater value?

Peo Sjoblom

"Max" wrote in message
Perhaps try:
=SUMPRODUCT((ISTEXT(Range))*(TRIM(Range)<""))
--
Rgds
Max
"sbrimley" wrote in message
Thank you, it worked but with one small problem, I have more rows than
the
number that is being returned from the formula you gave me. I am off by

10.
I even took into consideration my header rows
I used the second formula, just counting text. If there is a space after
the entry would that cause a problem?