Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Subject: showing cell address' per ans from Ron Coddere - stillst

Hi Mea,

I didn't quite understand it first time around (and here's the link to
your earlier post for anyone who's wondering:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...d3011ba5fb6?q=

), and I'm still not sure now.

Do you think you could sketch out what you data looks like with a few
examples, so that I can visualise it a bit better?

Why do you need the cell addresses anyway?

Pete

On Aug 14, 7:19*pm, Mea wrote:
address'Still trying to solve a problem with showing cell address'. I can
determine if the "name" if there, and how many occurences there are (Thanks
Pete_UK), but I need to show the cell address for EACH occurence and that's
where it goes west.

*I came across a post from Ron that gave me this formula to return a cell
address.
I am using a range, and want something in the field only if there is an
occurence, so I have used this.
=IFERROR(ADDRESS(SUMPRODUCT(('working with files\southbed=$B4)*ROW('working
with files\southbed)),SUMPRODUCT(('working with
files\southbed=$B4)*COLUMN('working with files\southbed)))," ")

However, this only works when there is one location. For multiple locations,
*I get one result and it's way off. How can I show cell address for all
occurences?

I'd also like the cell address to show as CZ613, rather than $CZ$613. Any
way to do this?

Thanks,
Mea