Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Clarification on Function Question Clarification on Function Question is offline

Default Forumla Question for Excel2003

I need to correct my statement the collumn contains 21, 16, 39, <10, <10.
When I average this collumun I need to count place holders for the < values,
so it would be like adding 21, 16, an 39 then dividing by five, but the total
number of values in the collum could range from 0 to 31 on any day with some
of them being < than figures.

"hamricka" wrote:

I have a spread sheet in which laboratory results are entered. So of the
results are less than numbers I do not want to include the less than
results in the average how do I write a formula for this. I am using
excel2003.?

Example:

21
16