Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default View code for removal of unwanted text in cells

Proper functions will clean that up for you...

check your denominator before dividing to eliminate Div by Zero
=if(A1 = 0, 0, A2/A1)

=if(countif(A1:A10, "MyValue") = 0, "Not found", vlookup("MyValue", A1:B10,
2,false))
clears up N/A errors.

The one thing I would add is try to be specific in which error you are
catching. You can use IsError but that cathces everything which is
potentially dangerous. If a cell is deleted or such leading to a #ref error
you do not want down stream formulas to ignore that error and return a value
that is not valid. Better to show the error value than the wrong value.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Doug" wrote:

How can I make a cell blank when it has a certain phrase such as #DIV/0! or
N/A. I have a lot of these and it would be much better without them. I
prefer a blank cell. Any ideas out there?