Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
francis francis is offline

Default Matching Formula

-- try in B2, place the following formula

Assuming Table1 is from A1 and Table 2 is from D1 to F4 on the same sheet

=VLOOKUP(A2,$D$1:$F$4,3,1)
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another

"Tandy" wrote:

Hi Everyone-

I need some help with a formula. Basically I have two tables.

Table 1
A B
1 Account Node
2 1001 (blank)

Table 2
A B C
1 Acct From Acct To Node
2 1000 2000 Cash

What I need to do is fill in the Node field in Table 1 using the information
in Table 2. Normally I would use an INDEX/MATCH formula. However, I do not
know how to tell the formula that it needs to see if the account listed in
Table 1 is between the accounts listed in Table 2 and if it is to take the
Node listed in Table 2 into the Node field in Table 1.

Could anyone help me with this? It would be greatly, greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Tandy